Emergency Fund

What is an emergency fund and why is it needed?



The emergency fund is for things like car repairs or any other minor emergency that might show up.  Things get old and need to be fixed or replaced so it is best to put some money away to take care of the problem in advance.  It is better to have this money put away to pay for the repairs outright than to go into debt again and have to pay a credit company interest.  Never give a credit company any more than you have to.  It is your money and the idea is to keep it in your pocket as much as possible.
For this fund, I would recommend around two thousand dollars.  This amount should cover the minor things. As with any savings plan, more if you can or start smaller and work your way up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to join me on this journey of Learning To Save And Live Well. I welcome your comments, but ask for the comfort of all my readers that you keep your comments courteous. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.