What is a good natural drain cleaner / clogged drain opener?



There are many drain cleaner / clogged drain opener products on the market. Most of the ones that I have tried usually burn my eyes or even make it hard to breath.  The chemicals that are used to clean your drains are very harsh and in most cases very dangerous.  Therefore, we are left with a few choices.
1. Use the dangerous chemical to clean our drain and risk the dangers of harmful chemical on our lungs and on the lungs of our family. This would not be my first choice.
2.  Leave the drain clogged or dirty smelling. This choice is again not top on my want to do list.
So what do we do to get our drain clean and unclogged without all of those harmful chemicals?  The simple solution would be to use a natural product.  If you are like me you will want a product that will clean and unclog the drain without harming your health or the health of your family.  Next question would be is there a natural drain cleaner that is not costly? The answer is yes and you more than likely have this drain cleaner in your kitchen.
You will need Baking soda and white vinegar, a half cup of each.
Step #1.  Pour the 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain.  Let it set for about five minutes.
Step #2.  Pour the 1/2 cup of vinegar down the drain.  Let is set about 10 - 15 minutes.
The baking soda and vinegar will react chemically, causing foam.  This is a normal and perfectly safe reaction.
The clog will dissolve under this solution while it is also cleaning your drain.
Step #3.  Bring a pot of water to a boil.  After the 15 minutes are over pour the water down the drain, this will wash the baking soda and vinegar down the drain.  The boiling water will also wash away the clog and odor.
Now you have a fresh smelling drain and the clog is gone.  
If you have used a drain-cleaning product to clean your drains then you will want to wait a few days to avoid a chemical reaction between the vinegar and the other drain cleaner.
What other natural drain cleaners do you use?  Leave me a note and I will share it with the rest of my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to join me on this journey of Learning To Save And Live Well. I welcome your comments, but ask for the comfort of all my readers that you keep your comments courteous. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.