Should you get a flu vaccine this year?


Do you want to save on medical bills? Are you really saving money by not getting the flu vaccine? Well according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, even a healthy person could miss time from work or school due to the flu.





According to Flu.gov these are flu systems.
A 100oF or higher fever or feeling feverish (not everyone with the flu has a fever)
A cough and/or sore throat
A runny or stuffy nose
Headaches and/or body aches
Chills Fatigue Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea (most common in children)


Also according to Flu.gov you should seek medical attention immediately if you experience any of the following:
Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
Purple or blue discoloration of the lips
Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen 
Sudden dizziness
Confusion
Severe or persistent vomiting
Seizures

Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever and worse cough


So After reading this information from Flu.gov I have to ask myself if I am truly saving any money or time by not getting the flu vaccination? My answer would be no. I did get the flu vaccination. This year it only cost $25.00. My feeling on this matter is that it is a much better idea to take the flu vaccination and avoid the costly medical bills and time missed from work.


The flu season starts in October. I would recommend that you get the vaccination as soon as possible to keep yourself from have this nasty side effects.


As always it is up to you to decide what you think is best for your body. I would recommend that you talk with your doctor and make an educated decision on this matter for yourself.


If you are interested in the flu vaccination you can usually get one at Walgreens, Wal-Mart or your local health department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to join me on this journey of Learning To Save And Live Well. I welcome your comments, but ask for the comfort of all my readers that you keep your comments courteous. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.