Vinegar and your health.


Vinegar has been used around the house for many years.  Vinegar can be used for anything from cleaning to health benefits.  Today I will give you a list of just some of the many health benefits that vinegar has to offer.
According to the Vinegar Institute, vinegar has been used successfully for the following.
1. Relief From Heartburn.
2. Soothe a Bee or Jellyfish Sting.
3. Relieve Sunburn.  When I was a child if you got sunburned you would pour vinegar over a small piece of brown paper and place that on the sunburned spot.  As funny as that sounds you would be surprised at how fast the sting of the burn disappeared.
4. Relieve Dry and Itchy Skin.  I have found that vinegar is a great itch remover, just add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar to your bath water and the dry itchy skin is soothed.
5. Soothe a Sore Throat. 
6. Fight Dandruff.  This is a fast easy way to stop the itch of dandruff and maybe even heal it.
7. Head Lice Killer.  Sometimes your child will bring home head lice from school.  Don't panic just get the vinegar and pour it over the head slowly. The lice cannot breath and they will die.  Of course you will still have to remove the lice from the rest of the house but it at least you have a good start.
8. Toenail Fungus. I have seen this work wonders.  It may take a little while but it does work.
9. Arthritis Relief.
10. Lesson Morning Sickness. I have not used this one but according to the Vinegar Institute if you drink some apple cider vinegar in water with honey it can help calm a queasy stomach.  If any of you try this, please let me know.  I would like to hear your thoughts on how this works.
11. Cleaning Heavily Soiled Hands.
12. Wart Remover.
13. Bug Spray.  Combine equal amounts of water, white distilled vinegar and liquid dish soap in a spray bottle.  Use on skin, as needed. A natural bug killer sounds better than all the harsh chemicals in the normal bug killers.
The uses of vinegar are almost endless. How do you use vinegar for health benefits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to join me on this journey of Learning To Save And Live Well. I welcome your comments, but ask for the comfort of all my readers that you keep your comments courteous. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.